Blair the noob

In a Guardian article Alastair Campbell confesses he used to be a computer noob, and tells this nice story about his pet poodle.

"I should add that the prime minister is not much better. He may be one of the politicians most identified with change and modernity in the world today, but he too is at heart a pen and paper man, the computer on his desk almost as idle as the one I used to have on mine. He once attended a class for adults trying to learn new computer skills up in the north-east of England. Because of the media interest, we had TV cameras and press photographers in for part of the lesson, which concluded with a series of tests. The prime minister noticed that the man next to him seemed nervous, almost anxious. 'I'm sorry you have to endure all this media glare just because you're next to me,' said Mr Blair. 'No, no,' came the reply 'that's not what's worrying me. What's worrying me is that you're the prime minister, I'm long-term unemployed, and I've done better than you in every single test we've done.'"

No comments: