Apples finds a new way to block iTunes sales

I have bought quite a few apps for my iPad and iTouch. When I tried to buy another one I was faced with this  -

If I didn't put in answers to the three security questions I was not able to proceed. So I didn't. I forgot about buying the app and closed iTunes.

Why not just put in three answers?  Well, for one thing I object to such puerile security. Its an extra hassle that annoys  customers without providing effective security. Didn't Apple remember how Sarah Palin's email account was hacked? One of the security questions on her email account was 'what is your dog's name?' [that's one of Apples questions also]. Somebody looked up the dogs name on Palin's Facebook page and got full access to her account.

I would have write down the three questions and their answers. I can remember my password but I could not be sure of remembering the answers to the three questions. I would have to carry the written  answers whenever I travelled. If anybody got access to the book containing the three passwords they would be able to access my account without needing my password [which I carry in my head and do not need to write down].  The end result would be that my account would be less secure than it was before.

I am not the only person to be annoyed. This forum has 15 pages of complaints.

It is hard to imagine this kind of screw up if Jobs had still been around.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I wish all these corporate monsters would monitor the forums... They might learn something...